[ADOL-C] increase buffer size for tape files

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Thu Nov 3 04:00:43 EDT 2011

Hello, you don't have to change the values in usrparms.h at all. You can set the buffer sizes in a file called .adolcrc in your execution directory. This is documented in the manual too.

Regards.
Kshitij.
--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Sent via Mobile Phone.

Pierre Martinon <martinon at cmap.polytechnique.fr> wrote:

Hello,

I am currently using Adol-C (with ColPack) and Ipopt to solve optimal
control problems.
It works quite well and is extremely convenient to obtain the first and
second derivatives for the optimization.

However, I noticed a significant drop in performances when working on a
network, due to the access time to the .tap files.
Working on a local partition solves the issue, but I would like to get
rid of .tap files completely if possible.
The tapeless mode seems to require additional modifications of the
source code, which is not really an option in my case.
Therefore I tried to just increase the buffer sizes in usrparams.h, but
the recompilation seems to set them back to their original values.
Am I missing something ?

Sincerely,
Pierre Martinon

--