[ADOL-C] Cygwin build of ADOL-C fails

Mihai Pomarlan mpomarlan at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 08:36:16 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm having some trouble building the ADOL-C package in Windows XP with Cygwin (Cygwin setup is version 2.738).

Specifically, the trouble is that, while the configure script (--enable-sparse --enable-static) seems to run ok, the make eventually produces a message like this:

Making all in drivers
mv: cannot stat '.deps/drivers.Tpo': No such file or directory
make[5]: *** [drivers.lo] Error 1
make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Having had some other problem when building IPOPT, I heard that the newer make (v3.81) that comes with Cygwin has a bug that causes COINOR projects to fail to build. So I downloaded a patched (v3.81) make suggested in that "known issues" page, after which building IPOPT worked.

What may the problem be this time?

Thank you for the time!

With regard,
Mihai Pomarlan