[ADOL-C] c++0x compile errors

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Tue Dec 13 05:25:01 EST 2011

Hello Brad,

As on 2011-12-13 03:45, Brad Atcheson did write:
> The fmin and fmax functions appear to be guarded by
> #if !defined(_ISOC99_SOURCE) && !defined(__USE_ISOC99) &&
!defined(__APPLE_CC__)
> and by
> #if !defined(_ISOC99_SOURCE) && !defined(__USE_ISOC99)
> in adouble.h

Those are the double versions, both arguments double, return type
double. They are meant for old systems that do not provide fmin and fmax
in cmath.

Your problem is actually on line

> src/raytrace.cpp:559:36:   instantiated from here

I'm not sure what you have there.

The fmin/fmax functions for active variables are declared in adouble.h
on lines 227--229. I suspect you have an argument of type int in the
call. You must cast it to be double (by putting a .0 if it's a constant,
or (double) before it if it is a variable).

In case this does not solve the problem, please send some code which I
can compile on openSUSE 11.4 in order to reproduce the problem.

Regards.
Kshitij.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha