[ADOL-C] latest adolc trunk and windows dlls

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Jun 30 05:15:15 EDT 2010

Hello everyone,

aftetr the comments I received on the windows version we have previously
published, I have polished the Visual Studio 2010 project files a bit
and included the Microsoft redistributable VC++ 2010 runtime in the
binary archives. All the archives, latest source and precompiled
binaries are available at:
<url:http://www2.math.uni-paderborn.de/index.php?id=12067&L=1>

The Visual Studio project files have also been checked in to the ADOL-C
SVN at coin-or.org for those who use SVN (rev 106). This revision also
contains a number of other fixes and cleanups since the last release
version including:
- Separation of sparsity patterns from sparse derivatives:
  sparsity patterns may be computed without linking to ColPack by the
  ./configure switch --enable-sparse. For evaluating sparse Jacobians
  and Hessians one would still need to link with ColPack with the switch
  --with-colpack=PATH.
- The header files are again in their original namespace, i.e., one can
  write once again:
  #include <adolc/adouble.h> or #include <adolc/adolc.h>
  This does not work for released versions upto 2.1.5.
- The autotooled build system has been cleaned up and made less verbose,
  in order to see compilation errors and warnings more clearly. To
  enable building like before use 'make V=1' instead of 'make'
- All the examples may be built later even if they are not enabled
  during ./configure by using the command 'make examplename' in their
  respective subdirectory.
- The documentation in ADOL-C/doc subdirectory has been updated to
  reflect all these changes.
- some more miscellaneous fixes.

Please test the windows precompiled libraries as well as the new source
code in unix like environments.

Looking forward to comments and suggestions.
--
Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,