[Ipopt] Unable to compile with HSL subroutines

AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared khoshgoftar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:41:32 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to build Ipopt with HSL subroutines for matlab use.
I am running it on a 64-Bit Ubuntu 12.04
The problem is that I cannot have it compiled with MA27.

To have MA27, I have downloaded the packages MA27, MC19 from HSL archives.
Renamed the files in their src directories to ma27ad.f and mc19ad.f, and
placed them in the ThirdParty/HSL directory

In an other attempt, I have compiled the MA27 separately, and tried to use
the resulting libma27.a using the --with-hsl option in the configure.

In all the cases, I get the following Error while trying to run make:

g++: error:
/home/alireza/Applications/IpOpt/Ipopt-3.10.2/ThirdParty/HSL/.libs/libcoinhsl.so:
No such file or directory

Also, when I try to configure the MA27 separately to create the shared
library libhsl.so,  using the configure script in the ThirdParty/HSL
directory, I get a similar error on make install:

/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/libcoinhsl.so.1.3.2': No such file or
directory

What am I missing that makes me unable to have MA27? Any ideas?

Thanks
Alireza