[Ipopt] ipopt and mumps parallel solver

MW craval at interia.pl
Mon Nov 29 17:51:35 EST 2010

Hello,

Is it possible to compile parallel implementation of mumps with ipopt? When I say parallel I mean mpi-enabled one. What I've got at the moment is mpi-enabled mumps installation compiled by hand outside ipopt. It runs fine and solves example cases on multiple cores when started by mpirun. I also have sequential mumps solver compiled in in ipopt by usual ./configure stuff. I can find no way to configure mumps there as parallel one unless one condsider libseq stubs as mpi implementation. When I specify mumps libs and include headers directly to point at my custom installation ipopt does not compile, as mpi headers are redefined in ipopt .h files.

My goal is to compile ipopt, then any example, run it using mumps solver and have it solving on multiple machines as distributed memory mpi solution. All on Linux in case that's important.

Regards,

Zdenek