[Ipopt] MinGW problems

Jens Schubert jens.schubert.1 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 25 04:01:46 EST 2010

Hi Hans,

> I used tdm-gcc-4.3.2 as described in the compulation hints.
I just checked the mingw home page. I found that the documentation was
updated since I had read it last time. However, go to
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/InstallationHOWTOforMinGW
and scroll down to 'Manual Installations'. Follow all the instructions
- this will need some time. I checked a few links, for me it looks
like they point all to the gcc4.5 version. So here you will get all
the necessary packages.

Then, after you updated to the newest version of gcc, try to use it.
In my gcc-version (4.5.0-1) the compiler did not yet work fully
correctly, that is why one had to set the linker-option ( I found this
in the release notes). [I just see that this version is the same as
the version suggested on the mingw page.]

>> For me it works with gcc4.5.0 and using the linkeroption
>> '--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc-v2' durch '--enable-auto-import'.
>
> I'm not sure what exactly you mean - can you clarify where I need to
> specify which of these options?
Well, this depends on your environment. I work in the 'msys'-shell as
suggested on the mingw home page. If gcc is called,
(a) either directly by typing on the msys command-prompt,
(b) or by a make-tool
(c) or by some other program
there is always a way to set the compiler options. In my case (b) I
just put it as an option behind the gcc-comand in the makefile.

> Can you tell me why you chose these
> options?
See above: I found it in the release notes.
The (nearly) complete list of all options may be found in the gcc manual.
http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/
But the list is too long for just reading it, you need to use the list
as reference for looking up unknown things.

Good luck
Jens Schubert