[Ipopt] How to define a non-zero constraint?

R Tavakoli rohtav at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 01:29:02 EST 2010

as almost the same alternative: (a-b)(a+b)>0 and b>0

a comment: if you have only one constraint like  a!=0  there is a
more robust strategy: solve two distinct optimization problems, one with
constraint a>0 and one with constraints a<0 (you may replace 0 with a small
positive number you want), then the actual solution is the solution to one
of these problems with the least objective functional (benefit is the
convexity of constraint set in this way).