[Ipopt] Compiling against the coinor-libipopt-dev package

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Sat Nov 6 18:32:01 EDT 2010

Dear Ugo,

I'm very happy to hear Ipopt is working so well for you - thank you for
letting me know!  And also a belated Thank You for writing about this on
the Ipopt success story wiki page :-)

I agree that it would be great to have an easy package-based way to
install Ipopt.  There are some efforts currently by the COIN-OR Teachnical
Leadership Council to provide such packages for a number of COIN-OR tools,
and when successful, it will hopefully mean that also Ipopt can be
installed that way.  The problem is that I myself cannot distribute
binaries without much internal approval effort.