[Ipopt] Installed libipopt.so has undefined symbols

Thomas Moulard thomas.moulard at gmail.com
Tue May 26 09:51:38 EDT 2009

Hello,
When using Ipopt 3.6.1, I have to manually add the Lapack, pthread and
gfortran library
which is a real bother for me.

Example:
$ echo 'int main () {}' > test.cc
$ g++ test.cc -lipopt
/home/thomas/.local/lib/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `dsyev_'
/home/thomas/.local/lib/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
/home/thomas/.local/lib/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `dpotrf_'
/home/thomas/.local/lib/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `dpotrs_'
/home/thomas/.local/lib/libipopt.so: undefined reference to `pthread_join'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

However, if I regenerate a library with the right dependencies:
$ g++ -shared -pthread -llapack -lgfortran -lipopt -o libipopt2.so

The following command is now working:
$ g++ test.cc -lipopt2

(some -L -rpath... flags have been removed to keep the commands clear)

Would it be possible to fix that in the next release?
It would really make the use/detection of Ipopt easier for the end-users.

Thanks,
--
Thomas Moulard