[Coin-ipopt] Limiting line search step

Chusslove Illich caslav.ilic at gmx.net
Tue Nov 27 07:32:23 EST 2007

> [: Andreas Waechter :]
> Hope this helps,

In fact, I would more qualify it as a "perfect answer" :)

> One way to do this is that you could simply monitor [...] return 'false'
> when eval_f or other methods are called. Then Ipopt will backtrack until
> your function no longer returns false.

This works quite ok, at least for starters so that I can experiment with the
optimizer and my objective function...

> Or you could try the following patch in your code (I haven't tested it):
> [...]

...whereas this is exactly what I ideally wanted, and will come in handy to
avoid losing time on most probably invalid steps.

Thanks!

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)