[Coin-ipopt] Re: Coin-ipopt Digest, Vol 13, Issue 15

Zhiwen Chong zhiwen.chong at elf.mcgill.ca
Sat Dec 31 13:18:59 EST 2005

On 31-Dec-05, at 12:00 PM, coin-ipopt-request at list.coin-or.org wrote:
>> I was wondering if you knew if it was possible to use IPOPT via
>> ampl in a
>> beowulf cluster? Maybe you know of a reference/howto do this?

Or you could try running it on an openMosix cluster.
http://howto.x-tend.be/openMosixWiki/index.php/FAQ

It doesn't explicitly parallelize your code, but if you have multiple
processes (or multiple users running different instances of IPOPT),
openMosix will appropriately load-balance it over each available
node, making your cluster behave like an SMP machine.