[Dip] Time limit for dippy Problems

Romain Montagné romain.montagne at polymtl.ca
Thu Apr 19 14:59:30 EDT 2018

Hello Dip(py) community,

I am trying to set a time limit for a Dippy problem to 60 seconds, something like :

dippy.Solve(prob, {timeLimit : ’60’} )

Here is a copy of the log message that I get with this syntax :

Alps0250I Starting search ...
Alps0230I Reached time limit. 0 nodes processed, 1 nodes left
Alps0262I No solution found
Alps0264I Number of nodes processed:                0
Alps0267I Number of nodes branched:                 0
Alps0268I Number of nodes pruned before processing: 0
Alps0270I Number of nodes left:                     1
Alps0272I Tree depth: 0
Alps0274I Search CPU time: 0.00 seconds
Alps0278I Search wall-clock time: 0.00 seconds

So I suppose the option was taken into account by DIP, as it is written « Reached time limit. » However, the Search CPU/wall-clock times are stuck at 0.00 seconds.

What is the proper way to set this time limit ?

Many thanks for your help. Cheers,

Romain Montagné, PhD