[Dip] Several changes I've had to make to DIP

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Mar 6 07:49:16 EST 2017

Hi Isaac,

Thanks for this and sorry for the delay in responding. Yes, these changes
are of interest. Probably the easiest way to submit them would be to fork
DIP repo on github and submit a pull request. Although DIP is still being
managed with SVN and the git hub repo is just a mirror, I'm planning to
switch to git when I find the time and I can in any case generate a patch
from the pull request. I'm not too sure what happens to pull requests when
the repo is over-written during the mirroring, but I can always check out
your repo and merge it manually if the pull request disappears somehow.

Thanks for your contribution!

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 12:01 AM, Isaac Cleland <icle701 at aucklanduni.ac.nz>
wrote:

> Hello DIP developers,
>
> I've had to make some changes to DIP in order for my program to work and
> was wondering if any of the changes would be useful additions to the core
> program.
>
> 1. I've allowed pricing to be done in the column generator (function:
> solveRelaxed) so we can have a non-linear objective function described
> within the column generator.
>
> 2. Given more flexibility to root node heuristics (function: APPheuristics)
>
> 3. Added a log callback function so the performance can be graphed
>
> I may be adding more as my research progresses out of necessity.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Isaac

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Visiting Researcher, Zuse Institute Berlin
Professor, Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted