[Dip] Fwd: Installing dippy

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Mar 7 11:05:09 EST 2016

On Windows, you shouldn't have to do anything other than

easy_install coinor.dippy

Alternatively, you can first install the Windows libraries with the
installer here:

http://www.coin-or.org/download/binary/OptimizationSuite/COIN-OR-1.8.0-win32-msvc9-python.exe

This will install everything you need and set all variables necessary to
build DipPy. After that, if you just do

python setup.py install

in a terminal, it should work.

There is no easy way to get it to work if you build in the Visual Studio
IDE. If you really want to build from source on Windows, you should use
MSys2. Itmay also be possible using PyMinGW, although I have never tried it.

Cheers,

Ted