No subject

Wed Mar 21 11:15:07 EDT 2012

subproblem was infeasible (as the dual problem was unbounded). Is this
true? If so, why does the loop keep exploring other subproblems rather than
returning? If this is not true, then where does the infeasibility check
happen?

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM, Siddhartha Jain <sj1 at cs.cmu.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As far as I can tell, the generateVarsFea method is used to generate the
> columns from the subproblems. It calls the solveRelaxed method on the
> subproblems to generate the columns. But what happens if one of the
> subproblems is infeasible? There doesn't seem to be a check which breaks
> the process of generating columns if a subproblem turns out to be
> infeasible.
>
> Thanks,
> --Sid

--0016e6d7e81a7fcbac04bd46cb40

To be more precise,<br><br>After solveRelaxed is called on a subproblem, th=
RCvec[b] =3D min(mostNegRCvec[b],0.0);<br><br>From what I understand if thi=
s condition is true, then that means that a subproblem was infeasible (as t=
he dual problem was unbounded). Is this true? If so, why does the loop keep=
 exploring other subproblems rather than returning? If this is not true, th=
en where does the infeasibility check happen?<br>

M, Siddhartha Jain <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:sj1 at cs.cmu.edu">=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hi,<br><br>As far as I can tell, the generateVarsFea method is used to gene=
rate the columns from the subproblems. It calls the solveRelaxed method on =
the subproblems to generate the columns. But what happens if one of the sub=
problems is infeasible? There doesn&#39;t seem to be a check which breaks t=
he process of generating columns if a subproblem turns out to be infeasible=
.<br>

--0016e6d7e81a7fcbac04bd46cb40--