[Dip] Purpose of m_auxSI

Matthew Galati matthew.galati at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 17:38:32 EST 2012

It was just an option I was playing around with in an attempt to try to
prune earlier. I did not have time to research it much - but at first try,
it didn't seem to help at all. And, clearly in cases where the compact
formulation is very big - this is a bad idea.

   //solve compact formulation first before starting PhaseI
   //  hopefully identify infeasibiity in tree quicker
   int    InitCompactSolve;

   //---
   //--- construct auxillary compact lp interface
   //---
   if(m_param.InitCompactSolve){
      //TODO: would be nice if we could utilize IP presolve here?
      m_auxSI = new OsiLpSolverInterface();
      assert(m_auxSI);
      loadSIFromModel(m_auxSI);
   }

It should be off by default. If it is not, please let me know.

Matt