[Dip] "Not a mixed-integer problem" message when using DIP with CPLEX

kim kim at hamilton-vejlin.dk
Wed Jan 26 13:46:41 EST 2011

I just set up DIP to use CPLEX instead of CBC and it works well but I am
getting some odd messages at the beginning of the program run.

As one of the first things I get a string of messages all saying:
"CPX0000  CPLEX Error  3003: Not a mixed-integer problem."

This happens before the search is actually started and there is always
one "error 3003" for each block. It doesn't seem to have an effect at
all and the program behaves as expected, but it seems odd.

Does anyone have in idea what those messages are about and if I should
see it as a sign I have not set up the DIP/CPLEX combination correctly?

-Kim