[Dip] issues with Dip-0.82.0

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Sat Aug 20 15:32:24 EDT 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Matthew Galati
<matthew.galati at gmail.com> wrote:

> You should use the configuration options to switch the LP and IP solver.
>
> For example...I use a configuration file that contains the following to
> switch to CPLEX:
>

> #use CPLEX
> with_lp_solver=cplex
> with_ip_solver=cplex
>
> #location of CPLEX
> with_cplex_incdir="/usr/local/cplex/include/ilcplex"
> with_cplex_lib="-L/usr/local/cplex/lib/x86-64_sles10_4.1/static_pic -lcplex
> -lpthread"

Just to clarify, this means to either give these option to configure
on the command line:

./configure --with-lp-solver=cplex ...

or else put the lines above in a file called share/config.site, which
will add them to the configure command line automatically, as
described here:

http://www.gnu.org/s/hello/manual/automake/config_002esite.html

If you want to build in several configurations from the same source
code, I suggest using a VPATH build, which means to make a
subdirectory and run configure from there.

mkdir build-cbc
cd build-cbc
../configure
make
make install

You can then build with another solver in another subdirectory without
over-writing the first installation:

mkdir build-cplex
cd build-cplex
../configure