[Dip] Dip and Dippy‏

piet hoogeveen piet.hoogeveen at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 15:13:27 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a question about Dip and Dippy.

On my linux machine (ubuntu 11.04) I installed Pulp and some solvers. These solvers works.

Now I tried to install Dippy and Dip. But I don't get both installed.

In my terminal I write the following code to get Dip installed:

cd
svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Dip/releases/0.82.0 Dip-0.82.0
cd Dip-0.82.0
./configure
make
make install

When i try to run ./configure I get the following:
checking for frt... no
checking for af77... no
checking for xlf_r... no
configure: WARNING: Failed to find a Fortran compiler!
configure: Fortran compiler options are:
checking how to get verbose linking output from unavailable... configure: WARNING: compilation failed
checking for Fortran libraries of unavailable...
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran libraries... none
checking for Fortran name-mangling scheme... configure: error: cannot compile a simple Fortran program
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for CoinUtils
user at ubuntu:~/Dip-0.82.0$

I have a GCC (description in package manager is: the GNU C compiler (installed version 4.4.5.2.5-1ubuntu3)). Is this not good or do I something else wrong?
The config.log is attachted.

When I tried to install Dippy I get the following:

In INSTALL4Linux stands that I have (https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBazaar/browser/projects/Dippy/trunk) to run in my terminal:

$ sudo easy_install  -U coinor.dippy
I get the following:

user at ubuntu:~$ sudo easy_install  -U coinor.dippy
[sudo] password for user:
Searching for coinor.dippy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/coinor.dippy/
Reading https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBazaar/wiki/Projects/Dippy
No local packages or download links found for coinor.dippy
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('coinor.dippy')
user at ubuntu:~$

On  http://pypi.python.org/pypi i searched for dippy and found the name coinor.dippy 1.0.10.
But that is also not helping.

user at ubuntu:~$ sudo easy_install  -U coinor.dippy 1.0.10
Searching for coinor.dippy
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/coinor.dippy/
Reading https://projects.coin-or.org/CoinBazaar/wiki/Projects/Dippy
No local packages or download links found for coinor.dippy
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('coinor.dippy')
user at ubuntu:~$

So I tried to use .egg and get the following:

user at ubuntu:~$ sudo easy_install coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg
[sudo] password for user:
Searching for coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg/
Couldn't find index page for 'coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg' (maybe misspelled?)
Scanning index of all packages (this may take a while)
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/
No local packages or download links found for coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('coinor.dippy-1.0.10-py2.7-win32.egg')
user at ubuntu:~$

Does abybody had the same problems?
Could someone help me to solve this problems and get dip and dippy working?

Best regards,

Piet