[Dip] generateCuts Question

Kipp Martin kmartin at chicagobooth.edu
Tue Oct 5 19:24:50 EDT 2010

Hi:

The class DecompApp has a virtual function

virtual int generateCuts(const double  * x,
      DecompCutList & newCuts);

I have implemented this function in a class that derives from DecompApp.
  When solving an integer program that has an integer LP relaxation
value, generateCuts() does not get called. This seems like a potential
problem for routing problems where I might want  generateCuts() to
generate subtour elimination constraints. It is possible to have an
integer solution and a subtour so I want generateCuts called even with
an integer solution.

Indeed, in the sample code, TSP_DecompApp.cpp I see the implementation
of generateCuts() calls in turn generateCutsSubtour(). But will
generateCuts() get called if there is an integer solution? It seems like
it should, yet I have an example where generateCuts() is not being
called when the LP is integer.

Thanks

--
Kipp Martin