[Couenne] Couenne_reformulation PDF file

Pietro Belotti belotti at lehigh.edu
Thu Jun 18 18:13:10 EDT 2009

Dear Sismail,

these two problems look equivalent to me, the only difference is that
P' explicitly introduces auxiliary variables that would be created by
Couenne.

I'm not sure of how the g() functions look like, but this is in
general a nonconvex problem. If you are interested in understanding
why the solutions you get are different (which is the problem you had
in the beginning, if I remember correctly), then a more precise
formulation is needed. Do you have an AMPL model, or a .nl file
produced by AMPL?

Hope this helps.

Pietro Belotti, Lehigh University
Dept. of Industrial & Systems Engineering
200 W Packer Ave, Bethlehem PA 18015.
phone: 610-758-3865   fax: 610-758-4886
email: belotti at lehigh.edu
web:   http://www.lehigh.edu/~pib208