[Coin-ipopt] MKL 9.0 beta / Pardiso

Andreas Waechter andreasw at watson.ibm.com
Mon Aug 14 09:53:03 EDT 2006

Hi Graham,

(I'm copying Olaf Schenk, the main developer of Pardiso, so that he can
intervene in case I write something wrong.)

As far as I understood from Olaf, the changes that were done in order to
improve the Pardiso performance in Ipopt, especially with respect to
inertia detection for proper handling of non-convex nonlinear optimization
problems, are not included in the MKL library.

You are probably able to link and run the code with the MKL Pardiso
version, but it might not do the right thing in a number of optimization
problems.

Andreas