[Coin-ima] Coding Sprint Proposals

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Fri Jan 4 09:58:33 EST 2019

I support this proposal.

They also want someone who knows BuiltTools and someone who knows OSI
to participate. I can be the OSI person, subject to scheduling
constraints.

February 18 and April 15 are teaching weeks for me, and I teach
Tuesdays and Thursdays. I could probably cancel one day either week, or
if they schedule weekend days on either end, I could be there through
Monday or starting Thursday evening. April 29 is exam week. Mine are
Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. I had tentatively proposed
the week after that (May 6) for the OSI sprint.

Matt

On Fri, 2019-01-04 at 08:58 -0500, Ted Ralphs wrote:
> I believe the other participants are Ivet Galabova
> and Michael Feldmeier. The three of them seem to be the current
> developers if you look at the commit logs for HiGHS.
>
> https://github.com/ERGO-Code/HiGHS/commits/master
>
> Unless there is an immediate objection, I would like to just go ahead
> and let Ben know that this is approved by us.
>
> Ted
>
> On Fri, Jan 4, 2019 at 2:43 AM Giacomo Nannicini <
> nannicini at us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > The HIGHs proposal looks excellent to me. The only missing part is
> > the list of people participating in the coding sprint.
> >
> > I don't know what is the process for approval, but provided the
> > working group for the coding sprint is reasonable, I would gladly
> > approve.

> > Ted Ralphs ---01/03/2019 05:35:45 PM---Hi all, Happy new year!
> > Several proposals have come in. I'm not sure who is on the
> >
> > From: Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu>
> > To: coin-ima at list.coin-or.org
> > Date: 01/03/2019 05:35 PM
> > Subject: [Coin-ima] Coding Sprint Proposals
> > Sent by: "Coin-ima" <coin-ima-bounces at coin-or.org>
> >

> > Hi all,
> >
> > Happy new year! Several proposals have come in. I'm not sure who is
> > on the mailing list and seen them already, but I've put them in a
> > shared folder here:
> >
> > https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XU7AUBNxNPe3Oz3yLZIPo-9oLdDS4oPS?usp=sharing
> >
> > We should approve the HIGHs proposal as soon as possible, given
> > that they want to meet in February. Please let me know what you
> > think of the others. In general, they seem a bit far afield from
> > our intent, but I haven't looked that closely yet.
> >
> > I'm expecting another proposal for a February sprint from the COIN-
> > JSON groups shortly, which we should also try to approve quickly.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Ted
> > --
> > Dr. Ted Ralphs
> > Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
> > Lehigh University
> > (610) 628-1280
> > ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
> > ____

Matthew Saltzman
School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
Clemson University
mjs AT clemson DOT edu