[Coin-ima] Update on coding sprints: action needed!

Giacomo Nannicini nannicini at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 22 11:21:45 EDT 2019

Not sure if this counts as a comment but I think what you propose is a good
strategy.

From:	Ted Ralphs <ted at lehigh.edu>
To:	coin-ima at list.coin-or.org
Date:	04/19/2019 04:13 PM
Subject:	[Coin-ima] Update on coding sprints: action needed!
Sent by:	"Coin-ima" <coin-ima-bounces at coin-or.org>

Hi all,

We have had two sprints so far---the sprint to develop HiGHs and the sprint
around the development of the JSON file format. Despite IMA's initial
promises of supporting 8-10 such sprints, these two apparently already
drained a good chunk of the budget and they've asked us to re-group. We may
have enough to do 2 or so more sprints, but the money will certainly go
further if we economize, which means limiting international attendance. My
suggestion would be to go for the Cbc and OSI sprints, possibly
co-scheduled at some point later in the summer, and if there is more
budget, we can try to also do the Python sprint. Any comments?

If needed, we can have a telecon to discuss, but right now, this seems like
the best plan to get bang for the buck.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering