[Coin-discuss] Call for Sessions (& Speakers) - Global Optimization - INFORMS 2009 San Diego

kevin.c.furman at exxonmobil.com kevin.c.furman at exxonmobil.com
Thu Mar 12 15:12:49 EDT 2009

Apologies for any cross-postings:

Dear Colleagues,

I am organizing this year's cluster on Global Optimization sponsored by the
INFORMS Optimization Society at the INFORMS 2009 Annual Meeting in San
Diego, CA October 11-14, 2009.  This cluster's purpose is to explore new
theoretical, modeling and algorithmic research, developments and
applications focused on various aspects of global optimization.  Global
optimization from both the deterministic and stochastic points of view, as
well as research and applications involving NLP and MINLP problems with
nonconvex nonlinear functions have become a prominent area of research
within the optimization community. Sessions with presentations on practical
applications, implementations and software in this topical area are also
welcome.

If you have an interest in organizing a session for this cluster (or giving
a talk), please submit to me via email your contact and title/topic
information as soon as convenient.  As a note to potential session
organizers and speakers, the submission deadline for meeting abstracts is
May 15, 2009.  If you have already submitted an abstract that you would
like considered for this cluster of sessions, please let me know, and give
me the title and author information for your submission, and I will see if
it can be fit into one of the cluster's sessions.

Conference information is available online at:
http://meetings.informs.org/sandiego09/

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,

Kevin Furman