[Coin-discuss] Cbc in linux platform process the problem different from Windows platform

S. Mark mark.elec at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:01:19 EDT 2009

Hi,

I use coin-or cbc in my research. Firstly, I build Cbc-2.2.2 on MS Windows
(VS 2008) by .sln file provided by coin-or. After that, I try to solve
air04.mps from MIPLIB, it can find the optimum solution and report number of
processed nodes  as 3358 and number of iterations as 398505. However,
sometime in my research, I have to switch to linux platform and I try to
build Cbc-2.2.2 in ubuntu 8.04 (hardy). After success in build process, I
solve air04.mps again, it can find the optimum solution and report number of
processed nodes  as 648 and number of iterations as 81855. It is very
diferent to the result in Windows platform. Why does Cbc in linux platform
differently process the problem from Windows platform?

Mark