[Coin-discuss] OsiClp/Clp initialSolve

Jan-Willem.Goossens at nc3a.nato.int Jan-Willem.Goossens at nc3a.nato.int
Mon Oct 10 11:31:48 EDT 2005

I think this about mentions all the details:

...\Coin\CoinFileIO.cpp(592) : error C2556: 'char **__p__environ(void) '
: overloaded function differs only by return type from 'char
***__p__environ(void)  '
        ...\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\stdlib.h(214)
: see declaration of '__p__environ'
...\Coin\CoinFileIO.cpp(592) : error C2040: '__p__environ' : 'char
**(void) ' differs in levels of indirection from 'char ***(void)  '
...\Coin\CoinFileIO.cpp(592) : error C2072: '__p__environ' :
initialization of a function
...\COIN\Coin\CoinFileIO.cpp(592) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover
from previous error(s); stopping compilation

More precisely, it's the standard MS "cl" compiler version 13.10.3077,
that comes with Visual Studio .NET 2003.
As you see, line 214 in stdlib.h defines __p__environ, not environ, but
(apparently) eventually 'environ' resolves to this (and it's not
something I'm defining..).

Anyway, home_dir works fine for me.