[Coin-discuss] How to solve the build errors in MS Visual C++?

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 17 22:20:17 EST 2005

Tony,
   Are you already using the MS Visual C++ V6 build process described in
COIN\Win\readme.txt?
   If not, then you might want to try using it (see COIN\Win\readme.txt).

   I just added another project
(COIN\Win\ClpSamplesMinimum\ClpSamplesMinimum.dsp) for building
COIN\Clp\Samples\minimum.cpp.

JP Fasano
jpfasano at us.ibm.com
(914)945-1324  (tie line 862-1324)
COIN-OR www.coin-or.org

             Tony Wu
             <tony.wu.llnl at gma
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  coin-discuss at list.coin-or.org
             coin-discuss-boun                                          cc
             ces at list.coin-or.         tony.wu.llnl at gmail.com
             org                                                   Subject
                                       [Coin-discuss] How to solve the
                                       build errors in MS Visual C++?
             11/17/2005 07:53
             PM

             Please respond to
             Discussions about
                open source
               software for
                Operations
                 Research

Hi,

In the MS Visual C++, I set up a project with the source file
COIN\Clp\Samples\minimum.cpp

On the tools\options dialog window of MS Visual C++,
At the Projects -> VC++ Directories : Include files, I added the following
folders:
COIN\Osi\include
COIN\Clp\include
COIN\Coin\include
COIN\Cgl\include
At the Projects -> VC++ Directories : Sources files, I added the following
folders:
COIN\Osi
COIN\Clp
COIN\Coin
COIN\Cgl

When I try to build the project, it reports:
TestCLP5 error LNK2020: unresolved token (0A00000A) ClpSimplex.__dtor
TestCLP5 fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

Does anybody have suggetions on solving this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Tony