[Coin-discuss] New COIN release
ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Mon Aug 20 13:24:43 EDT 2001
My apologies if you receive more than one copy of this post (due to
subscribing to more than one list).
Finally a new release of COIN is out. I say release of COIN, because a number
of components have changed significantly. Also, the repository has been moved
to a different server. The new homepage is hosted at
http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/coin The alias
http://www.coin-or.org will be updated to point to the new address soon.
What are the changes?
- There is a new contributed code! The Open Tabu Search (OpenTS) has been
contributed by Robert Harder. It is a TS framework written in Java.
- All codes have been tested on Solaris as well as the already tested
- The Makefiles have been massively reworked to enable system-wide
installation of the libraries. Also, they do some autodetecting of the
available solvers for OSI, too.
- OSI has been extended, so that now you can manipulate the formulation
directly. Also, more information about the solution can be extracted.
- BCP now uses OSI instead of interfacing directly with OSL. BCP has been
tested with OSI using CPLEX, OSL and the Volume Algorithm and works OK.
- The location of the CVS repository has changed. See the FAQ on the homepage
Those who used CVS to get the old version should move their current
working directory safely out of the way and check out a new working
directory. The reason is that when we moved from one server to another
we essentially restarted the whole repository. Trying to update over the old
version would confuse CVS.
More information about the Coin-discuss