[Coin-lpsolver] Problem with OsiClpSolverInterface::pivot

Pierre Bonami pierre.bonami at lip6.fr
Wed Sep 7 18:29:31 EDT 2005

Hello,
I am trying to use the pivoting capabilities in OsiClpSolverInterface.
It seems to work well except for one thing : the solution (obtained via
getColSolution) does not change after the pivot.
Having a closer look it seems to me that the solution is first modified
to the good value in ClpSimplex::pivot() but is changed back to the
previous one line 6353 of ClpSimplex.cpp during the call to

>     gutsOfSolution(NULL,NULL);

If I comment this line I obtain a result which satisfies me (is what I
would expect the pivot to do).
I am not sure it is a very satisfying way of fixing it, but is that correct?
(otherwise the factorization is correctly updated and the function is
working quite well)

Thanks,
Pierre