[Cbc] Always, always Cutlength

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Fri Dec 19 13:58:40 EST 2014

Yves,

Will look into it.  Any change can (and does on your problems) change
the accuracy - maybe on cuts derived from original constraints plus cuts.

But you have it the wrong way round.  cutlength XX says throw away all
cuts with length > XX.  The smaller XX, the more cuts will be thrown
away and so accuracy will be no worse.  As to efficiency - it could go
either way.  GMI cuts seem to be more accurate and Lagrangean Gomory
cuts should be more accurate.

So for production purposes I would set cutlength 20.

John