[Cbc] LP relaxation vs. best possible on root node w/o cuts or preprocessing

Miles Lubin miles.lubin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 16:33:00 EDT 2012

Hello,

I have a model where I observe the following output when I run cbc
with the options "-presolve off -preprocess off -cuts off -heur off":

Continuous objective value is 1.12693e+06 - 5.63 seconds
Cbc0010I After 0 nodes, 1 on tree, 1e+50 best solution, best possible
1294936.3 (11.40 seconds)

Note that the lower bound at the root node is significantly greater
than the continuous objective value. What is cbc doing here if both
integer preprocessing and cuts are disabled?

I can provide an mps file on request.

Thanks in advance,
Miles Lubin