[BuildTools] [Coin-tlc] Recent changes

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Jan 19 21:57:09 EST 2015

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 9:31 PM, Tony Kelman <kelman at berkeley.edu> wrote:

>   My opinion: let’s not touch the .0 releases that have been tagged so
> far, they can stay as they are. We haven’t been rigorous about semantic
> versioning principles before now, and most projects do tend to screw
> something up like this initially when they start doing so. When a .1
> release comes out just a few days (or a week or two) after .0, that’s a
> pretty good sign that maybe something went wrong or was missed with .0 and
> it should perhaps be avoided.

Well, there was already a .1 release after only a few days, thanks to the
face that I also forgot to add the help documentatin for dependency linking
:). So are you suggesting that we just make a new release with the
additional suggested changes and go on from there? I don't mid too much. I
have already made releases of the projects in the Cbc stack, but I can go
back and make another round of releases there without too much problem.

> --with-pic is also necessary to statically link anything into a shared
> library, which is often needed with Ipopt to avoid integer size shadowing
> with Matlab BLAS or other systems that use 64-bit integers in BLAS.
>
> There is a line (169 as of stable/1.3 R3352) in ThirdParty/ASL/
> configure.ac that’s setting -fPIC when --enable-shared is on, we could
> try adding another condition there for when --with-pic is on?

That sounds promising. I will try when I get back to it.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs