[BuildTools] Release 0.7.16

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Wed Aug 27 01:26:07 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I just made release 0.7.16. This release makes clang the first compiler in
the default list of compilers to be checked on OS X. This is desired
because the gcc command on OS X may be a wrapper around clang and in this
case, it makes a lot of things easier to simply call clang directly so that
tests for which compiler is being used will work properly.

There are other possible solutions to this problems, but it seems cleanest
just to simply invoke the clang command when it is present and the user has
not specified another compiler. Be aware, however, that if the user
specifies the "gcc" command and the "gcc" that is found in the user's path
is actually clang, some tests may still fail. This scenario could be
detected with some more additional scripting, but I don't really foresee
this being a serious issue.

Cheers,

Ted
--