[BuildTools] configall_system_msc.h looks a bit dusty?

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Thu Jul 8 21:23:58 EDT 2010

Folks,

        I've been spending a bit of quality time on Windows lately, trying to
get a grip on Visual Studio and the Microsoft development environment, and that
led me to a hard look at configall_system_msc.h.  It looks to me to be just a
bit dusty.  In particular, I'm looking at

/* Define to integer type capturing pointer */
#define COIN_INTPTR_T long

and thinking that this will result in assigning 64-bit pointers to a 32-bit data
type. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s3f49ktz.aspx. Or consider the
definition of pointer types in
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa383751(VS.85).aspx

For those of you whose Windows experience is a bit deeper than mine (i.e.,
everyone :-), am I missing something here?

						Lou