[BuildTools] [Ipopt] Difficulties with Ipopt 3.9.1 on Linux (Ubuntu 10.04)

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sun Dec 26 10:02:48 EST 2010

Hi,

it will be difficult to change the libdir within one stable branch,
since people who are expecting only bugfixes when going from, e.g.,
3.9.2 to 3.9.3, could be confused by the changed location of the
libraries and, more important, uninstalling the previously installed
libraries does not work.
So it looks like for Ipopt 3.9.x, we will stay with $libdir/coin and
$libdir/coin/ThirdParty.

However, attached you find a patch for Ipopt 3.9.2 that, if applied
before configure, changes the directory for the libraries to $libdir
again. But note that the extras (examples, AsNMPC, tutorial, ...) may
not work then.

Stefan