[BuildTools] Problems with commit_new_release

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Mon Oct 29 12:18:09 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I used the new scripts for preparing a new release of SYMPHONY this
morning and there seems to be a few problems with the commit_new_release
script. I have not spent enough time to extract all the details of what
happened, but wanted to throw this out there, since I know there are a
number of folks preparing releases right now. The first glitch I noticed
was that the script exited after the following error:

svn: 'ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk/configure.ac' is not a working copy
svn: Can't open file 'ThirdParty/Glpk/glpk/configure.ac/.svn/entries':
Not a directory

That's when I noticed that for some reason, the script was trying to
change the version numbers in the configure.ac files for not only
SYMPHONY, but all the dependent projects. Hence, it was trying to change
the version numbers for the CoinUtils release version, for instance,
back to 5.1stable. This seems like a bug.

The other thing that went wrong is that for some reason (I was not able
to ascertain why because I deleted the temporary directory before
realizing this), the script did not succeed in restoring the externals
in my stable directory. I had to do this by hand afterwards. I also had
to finish executing the rest of the script by hand after the above error
popped up. I guess I should file a bug report, but I wanted to see if
anyone else had seen this behavior. I'm sure I could figure out the
problem myself, but I'm running short of time to spend on it.

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs