[BuildTools] --enable-doscompile

Ted Ralphs tkralphs at lehigh.edu
Thu Mar 29 19:22:02 EDT 2007

Andreas,

I guess I prefer the default compile mode to be to link with Cygwin.dll
(but only slightly) because

1. There are some features of SYMPHONY that do not work otherwise, and
most users will not dig around enough to realize how they should change
this.

2. If you are using CYGWIN, rather than Visual C++ Express, you are
probably planning to run the code from within CYGWIN (and want that
features provided therein). In this case, why would you care about the
dependence on CYGWIN.dll?

3. It is not nice to switch defaults on users in a patch release :) (of
course, I guess we might have done that once already).

Isn't there a way to make the default for a given project something
different than the global default? Then we could leave it as is and let
each project choose its own default.

Anyway, I don't feel that strongly, so do as you must :).

Cheers,

Ted
--
Dr. Ted Ralphs