[BuildTools] libtool quirk on Solaris, mixed 32- & 64-bit environment

Lou Hafer lou at cs.sfu.ca
Wed Jan 31 17:08:55 EST 2007

Folks,

	A quirk worth mentioning.  Don't know how it is that this hasn't bit me
before, but it turned up as I started to play with Laci's checkout & build
script.

	A while back I set up my Solaris environment to allow me to do either
32-bit or 64-bit builds.  Solaris provides a pair of variables,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH_32 and LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64, which control the link search path in
their respective environments.  Both of these take precedence over the generic
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Libtool, however, is blissfully unaware of the _32 and _64
versions, and sets only the generic.  This causes `make test' to fail in my
environment unless I unset the _32 and _64 versions.  (I'll need to figure out a
better fix for the long term, but this works for now.)

	Probably doesn't affect anyone else, but I thought I'd put it on the
mailing list in case anyone else stumbles over it.

							Lou