[BuildTools] Revised trunk/coin.m4 with --enable-doscompile

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Wed Jan 24 12:46:52 EST 2007

How about the following:

Looks like a fair amount of change is in BuildTools/trunk. So let's create a
new stable version. Ask people to run configure/make/make tes on as many
platforms as they can by checking out the current stable version of a project,
changing its external (or just do a switch in BuildTools) and then do the
conf/make/etc. And let us know if there are errors. We can even provide a
script to do all the stuff. Shouldn't take more than half an hour to write the
script. This should shake down within a week. And if all goes well than all
projects can switch over to the new stable version of BuildTools. and create a
new tiny release.

What do you think?

BTW, If there are people who are willing to test *every* project then I can
write the script that way. Of course, someone needs to look through the
output, and that's the painful part :-).

--Laci