[Bonmin] Installation Problem

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Jan 7 10:30:06 EST 2021

Hi Navneeth,

First, just to let you know, this list will be shutting down soon and the
place to post questions like this will be

https://github.com/coin-or/Bonmin/discussions

It should be announced shortly. to answer your questions, you will have a
much easier time if you use "coinbrew" to fetch and build. I realize that
the documentation doesn't mention this at the moment, we are in a long
process of transitioning to a new build system with the move to git and I
haven't yet gotten to updating all the documentation. The documentation for
coinbrew is here:

https://coin-or.github.io/coinbrew

On Linux, you should be able to do

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/coin-or/coinbrew/master/coinbrew
./coinbrew fetch Bonmin at 1.8.8
./coinbrew build Bonmin

On Linux, you are better off just installing packages for Blas, Lapack,
etc. as documented here:

https://coin-or.github.io/user_introduction.html#linux-1

In that case, you can skip building them from source and just use the
system-installed versions by adding --skip="ThirdParty/Blas
ThirdParty/Lapack" to the coinbrew commands above. Even if you still prefer
to build by hand, you can skip building those if you have them installed as
a system packages.

One more thing to mention, make sure you also install pkg-config, which
appears to be missing. This is typically installed by default on Ubuntu,
but you don't seem to have it from the output of config.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ted

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:34 AM Navneeth Krishna <
nk.navneethkrishna at outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Bonmin Users,
>
> I have been trying to install BONMIN on my Linux system (Ubuntu 18.04.3
> LTS). I tried using the "get." files for the third party packages, but the
> system is unable to connect to "www.netlib.org" and says "No route to
> host". So I downloaded the packages separately  (Lapack, Blas, Mumps, ASL
> and HSL) and added them to the respective directories. However, I am
> getting an error while configuring in Lapack. Says, "Required package BLAS
> not found". Kindly help me resolve this issue. I am attaching the
> "config.log" file herewith for your kind reference.
>
> Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
> Navneeth Krishna

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted