[BCP] Branch-and-price with additional cuts

Andrea Trautsamwieser andrea.trautsamwieser at boku.ac.at
Wed Feb 13 05:38:59 EST 2013

Hi,

I am working with COIN-BCP for quite a while. My Branch-and-Price algorithm works fine. Now I generated 2path cuts to improve the lower bound. If no columns are added to the LP during column generation, I look for violated cuts with "generate_cuts_in_lp" and add them to the problem with "cuts_to_rows". I modified "vars_to_rows" accorrdingly to obtain the right coefficients for the new variables to obtain the correct reduced costs.

However, I obtain the following error:
LP: Returned children to TM. Waiting for new node.
....BCP/src/LP/BCP_lp_msg_node_rec.cpp:67: void BCP_lp_unpack_parent(BCP_lp_prob&, BCP_buffer&, BCP_lp_node&): Assertion "p.parent->cut_set._change.empty()' failed.

I tracked it down and found out that in the corresponding branch no cuts have been added, while in other branches cuts have been added.
It seems that these cuts are somehow present when unpacking the parent although they should not. I also checked the size of the cuts in "BCP_tm_msg_node_send.cpp" in which the size seems to be correct.

Has anybody any clue what is going wrong here?

Thanks for your help,
Andrea