[BCP] Error when configuring Bcp 1.3.4 to use BLAS

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:37:20 EST 2013

If you post the exact sequence of commands and you config.log, I'm sure we
can identify the problem. A first easy step would be to configure without
specifying a location for BLAS or LAPACK. On most Unix systems, they will
be found and linked to automatically.

Ted

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 2:39 AM, Luis de la Torre <ledelato at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to configure Bcp 1.3.4 on Ubuntu using the guide at
>
> http://wpweb2.tepper.cmu.edu/fmargot/COIN/proj1.pdf
>
> When I run configure I get the error
>
> checking whether user supplied BLASLIB="/usr/lib/\tBLAS_LIB_NAME" works...
> no
> configure: error: user supplied BLAS library
> "/usr/lib/\tBLAS_LIB_NAME" does not work
>
> (I think) I followed the instructions in the PDF exactly, and BLAS
> actually exists in the locations I've defined in my .bashrc.
>
> I think it's odd that the error shows BLASLIB having a tab character
> (/usr/lib\tBLAS_LIB_NAME). Could this be a clue to the problem?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Luis de la Torre

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Associate Professor, Lehigh University