[BCP] BCP mps file

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Thu Jun 30 12:21:51 EDT 2011

BCP is not really meant to be used as a generic MILP solver---it is
intended as a framework for implementing custom algorithms that
utilize a combination of cut and column generation for solving
structured classes of MILPs. For parallel MILP, there are quite a few
options now in COIN. If you are looking for a solver to run
multi-threaded on a single multi-core machine, then there the options
are Cbc and SYMPHONY. Cbc is a better solver for generic MILPs.
SYMPHONY offers some specialized functionality, such as the ability to
warm-start and to solve bicriteria problems, that Cbc does not have.
For distributed-memory systems, there is SYMPHONY (again) and also
BLIS, which is part of the CHiPPS project. SYMPHONY works only with
PVM and has not been tested in its distributed memory configuration in
some time. BLIS is not as powerful as Cbc for solving generic MILPs,
but uses MPI for distributed memory execution and so should run out of
the box on most system (it has recently been testd with MPICH, but may
work with other flavors of MPI). Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Ted