[BCP] Using Heuristics to Generate an Initial Upper-Bound (Before Solving the LP)

Jack Croucher j.s.croucher at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 23:31:14 EST 2011

Hello again,

I have read in a number of places that the Tree Manager can "compute an
initial upper bound using heuristics" based on a user-specified subroutine
which can be run "before beginning to explore the branch and cut tree."

Are there any examples which do this? Which method should I override? Or is
this meant to be run externally and then passed in somehow?

I can see (from the BAC example) how to override the
generate_heuristic_solution() method, but this is called based on an LP
solution at each node. I would like to generate a heuristic solution once
before doing any branching (or solving the root node LP).

Thank you again for your time and patience, I really appreciate your help.

Jack