[BCP] Column generation - Perturbation

Laszlo Ladanyi ladanyi at us.ibm.com
Sun Mar 29 18:43:12 EDT 2009

The cost of a var (core or algorithmic) cannot be changed once the
variable is created. However, you can create a new var with the same
column but different cost... Right hand sides of constraints (or
similarly, bounds on variables) are slightly different. While they
cannot be changed in the object itself, you can do a branch with just
one child and change the bound that way. Or, if it's an algo object,
you can generate the sam eobject again with different bounds.

I hope this helps,
--Laci