[BCP] Invoking BCP as a subroutine in a larger program

Eric W Anderson Eric.Anderson at Colorado.EDU
Tue Sep 2 11:49:21 EDT 2008

I'm new to using BCP, so I apologize if this is a dumb question:  Is there a
right way to invoke a BCP-based solver as a subroutine?  I see that bcp_main
terminates with exit(), at least in serial mode, rather than returning.  If I
comment out the exit(0) call in BCP_single_environment::register_process(), and
my application calls bcp_main(), everything seems to work as intended.

It seems like this is actively subverting the way BCP wants to be run, though,
so I'm wondering: (a) is there a hidden pitfall to doing what I'm doing, and
(b) is there a better way to be doing it?

Thanks for any help,
Eric

--
Eric W. Anderson                                   University of Colorado
eric.anderson at colorado.edu                      Dept. of Computer Science

                         PGP key fingerprints:
       personal: 1BD4 CFCE 8B59 8D6E EA3E  EBD5 4DC9 3E61 656C 462B
       academic: D3C5 D6FF EDED 9F1F C36D  53A3 74B7 53A6 3C74 5F12