[BCP] AAP example, working?

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 08:33:26 EDT 2008

Dear Bcp maintainers,

I am trying to get the AAP example of using Bcp to work.  The example is
  describes a relatively simple model which has non-indexed columns and
is thus quite typical of a problem that can be solved by
branch-and-price (and quite similar to the problem I am trying to
solve).  It is available at the CORAL webpage, but not included in Bcp:
   http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/coin/COIN_EXAMPLES/AAP_BP/
   http://coral.ie.lehigh.edu/coin/COIN_EXAMPLES/AAP_BP/Doc/aap.pdf

   However, using the Bcp trunk version, it does not compile at all.  In
the source code, a main method is missing.  I made the necessary changes
to get it to work by adding the proper call to bcp_main but there are
further problems related to packer_init, which is not properly defined,
leading to a segmentation violation in
BCP_single_environment::register_process.  Long story short, it seems
the example is outdated and does not work with a recent Bcp version.

   Is there an updated version of this example or does one of you have a
version working with Bcp trunk?

Thanks,
Sebastian