[Coin-bcpdiscuss] Installing Parallel BCP

alikoc at mail.utexas.edu alikoc at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Oct 26 12:29:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I will ask for help to install BCP with MPI. My question is specific to the
system I am using (and might be very dummy). I installed parallel BCP earlier
and know general guidelines.

The machines are Dell Dual-Core Xeon Linux Cluster
(http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/services/userguides/lonestar/). I installed serial
version of the package and got sample runs. There is no problem. But when I try
the parallel version with MPI, it gives me some warnings in 'configure' phase
and error in 'make' phase.

CONFIGURE phase

lslogin2$ ../configure > configure.txt &
[1] 28140
lslogin2$ cp: cannot stat `../../../../Applications/Csp/Data/cspdata.dat': No
such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `../../../../Applications/Mkc/LP/MKC_lp__logical.cpp': No such
file or directory
configure: WARNING: Cannot find C-function for checking Inf. Check will test
whether the value is different from DBL_MAX
configure: WARNING: Cannot find C-function for checking NaN. Check will return
false

[1]+  Done                    ../configure >configure.txt

MAKE phase

lslogin2$ make > make.txt &
[1] 17165
lslogin2$ icc: Command line remark: option '-pedantic-errors' not supported
icc: Command line warning: ignoring option '-W'; no argument required
icc: Command line warning: ignoring option '-W'; no argument required
icc: Command line warning: ignoring option '-W'; no argument required
icc: Command line warning: ignoring option '-W'; no argument required
./../../CoinUtils/src/CoinFinite.hpp(16): catastrophic error: #error directive:
"don't have header file for math"
  #  error "don't have header file for math"
     ^

compilation aborted for ../../../CoinUtils/src/CoinBuild.cpp (code 4)
make[2]: *** [CoinBuild.lo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

[1]+  Exit 2                  make >make.txt

I am attaching the outputs of the configure commands and make commands in case.

Thanks in advance,

Ali